I am VERY slowly re-knitting the portion of blanket that I had to cut off the other day. With 16+ inches needing to be removed, cutting it was a much easier route to take than frogging it would have been. I'd hoped to have the blanket finished by the end of the month, although I didn't really expect that to happen. Mid April would have been a much more realistic goal. Now, that goal is more like mid November. I'll be going back to work soon so less time to knit plus, the blanket will simply be too hot to knit on during the summer.
|Larry the Lama modeling Jeweled Cowl|
Besides very slowly re-knitting the blanket, I've been working on the beaded cowl. Now that I've had a chance to refresh the beading muscle memory, it's knitting up a little faster. The goal is to have it finished by the end of the month. The cowl is supposed to have 51 rows of beads and I've completed sixteen rows. So, finishing by the end of the month should be completely doable. Knock on wood.
I'm also quite pleased with the beads on this version. I'm so glad I frogged the first attempt and tried again with different beads. These beads are perfect.
|photo courtesy of tenor.com|
They show up enough be understatedly blingy, without being all Look at me! Look at me!