Friday, October 5, 2018

Photo Friday

I really should have titled this post something different.  "Photo Friday" implies there will be at least one decent photo.

And  yet...

Noro seed stitch and rib cowl

and

Malibrigo Rios in autumn colors on blocking mats

My Noro Cowl, knit with Malabrigo Rios is blocking.  Blocking in bad lighting in a Very disorganized house.

We are still doing some remodeling/renovations/'sprucing up' to our house.  At the moment, we are (1) painting and (2) tearing up the carpet and replacing it with wood flooring.  85% of our belongings are shoved up against one wall in one room and the other 15% of our belongings are, for reasons unknown, sitting on the dining room table.  And as these things go, my husband is doing the remodeling/renovations/sprucing up himself and every time he gets out a tool or opens a bucket of paint, he gets a call to go do a paying job... and off he goes.  We've been living this way for so long now, I'm starting to not even notice the chaos I call home.

But what does that have to do with bad photography?  Well, first, the natural light in my dining room is nonexistent, except for about twenty minutes in the afternoon when the sun shines a direct and blinding beam in through the french doors.  And then there's the fact that it took me almost a full day to dig out the blocking mats and then the blocking pins from the 85% pile.  By the time I had the Noro Cowl laid out on the pads, the light was gone.  And of course, several of the bulbs in our dining room chandelier have suddenly burned out making the light even dimmer.  There's no telling where the replacement bulbs are....  And there you have it.  Bad photos for Photo Friday.

But bad photos or not, I'm in love with my Noro Cowl.  Or I will be once it's dried and sewn into place.  I'm fascinated how the Malibrigo yarn pooled and how one end is mostly yellow while the other is more red.  And that line you can see in the first photo that looks like the end of one skein butting up against a new skein of a different dye lot... isn't.  The two skeins of yarn meet up in a completely different, and unnoticeable place.  That line is simply the magic of pooling.

Now, if it would just cool off enough to even consider wearing it.

14 comments:

  1. The cowl will look stunning! It reflects - perfectly - the colors of fall (which will arrive, sooner or later). Happy weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm starting to have my doubts that fall will ever arrive. But then, we never have much of a fall here. It bounces from low 70's to upper 80's for months on end then suddenly sleets and presto-magic! It's winter.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous fall colors! Maybe today you can wear it ....it's getting cool here for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! It's still in the upper 70's here. I shouldn't complain though. I'll be complaining about how cold it is before long. Hopefully the cowl has enough red and green in it that I can pass it off as Christmas colors. :)

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful! I can relate to the mess you're living in. It will all be worth it in the end ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be - if we don't end up in divorce court or jail first. :)

      Delete
  4. It looks like a garden! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My camera just doesn't do the colors justice.

      Delete
  5. beautiful cowl and photo! I have a dark house most of the time, it's one of the things I do not like about my house, yet when we viewed it in February it was sunny and bright, go figure. Sounds like you have a lot going on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isn't it amazing how different the winter vs. summer light is?

      Delete
  6. It is a beautiful color, you can't go wrong with Malabrigo. I can't believe you have time to block a cowl with all that is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors, just perfect for Fall, unless you are still experiencing summer there, as your later post indicates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer just won't let go around here.... but this weekend the nighttime forecast is 49 degrees! I'm SO excited!

      Delete