- My medicine cabinet has miraculously been cleaned out. All the old, expired medicines are gone as well as the many, many bottles & boxes that contained only one or two doses of various cough, cold & flu meds.
- I didn't spend a dime on groceries.
- I didn't spend a dime on yarn.
- I didn't spend a dime on new books for the Kindle.
- My refrigerator is now even emptier than the medicine chest & is ready & waiting to be wiped clean.
- Since I ate nothing but watermelon & ginger ale for six days straight, I lost seven pounds.
- Since I ate nothing but watermelon & ginger ale for six days straight, I kicked the '3 deserts a night' habit.
- Since I ate nothing but watermelon & ginger ale for six days straight, I kicked the processed foods habit.
- Since I didn't have the strength or mental power to knit during several of those six days, I lay on the couch pretending to watch TV. Since the only choice daytime TV offers you is cooking shows or shopping opportunities, I watched a lot of cooking.
- Since I watched so many cooking shows, I have a lot of ideas for new, healthy meals to make.
- Since I didn't spend any money on groceries, yarn or books last week, I was able to replace our broken food processor this week.
- Now that I have a new food processor, I'm dying to get in the kitchen and chop something.
- Since I didn't spend any money on groceries, yarn or books last week, I had extra money in the budget this week for yarn. (Notice I said "had", not "have.")
- I also had extra money so I could go ahead & order the kids' end of year homeschool tests. One less thing on my to-do list.
- During one of those cooking shows, Rachel Ray taught me to make my own tinted moisturizer. Since I don't have to buy my normal expensive tinted moisturizer this week (it just happened that I was running out) I can spend the money instead on taking my daughter to the movies.
- Because my memory is pitiful, I no longer have the 40 gazillion craft project ideas running through my head. This means that I can focus on the current projects and maybe actually finish one of them.
- Since I didn't knit for several days, my fingers, hands and wrists are ready to rock the needles. Which is a damn good thing since I have a bit of yarn coming via UPS (see above.)
- Since the yarn is all coming UPS, I have a day or two to cook all those healthy meals I've been thinking about.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Benefits of being sick
I've discovered a few benefits to last week's illness and I'm pretty excited by them. If you'd asked me last week while I lay dying on the couch, or at least wishing for death, I'd have said there were absolutely no benefits to being sick. But this week...